After a two days "crash-course" in operations research that will focuss on fondamental concepts and techniques, we will work with them on 6 test-cases that can be found in Airlines or Transportation companies, Telecommunication companies, Services and commodities.
Programme: OR Crash-course = two days
- Linear Programming
- Dynamic Programming
- Duality : how it is used in algorithms
- Integer and Mixed-Integer Programming
- Graph Theory : the main models
- Heuristics, Branch & Bound, Column generation
- Advanced Modelling
Applications = three days
- Inventory control
- Planning and assignment problems
- Network optimization
- Routing, Shortest-Path problems
- Revenue Management
Niveau requis : Some knowledge of mathematical modelisation, duality concepts in optimization, an interest in computer science and programming, the ability to use spreadsheets.
Modalités d'évaluation : Multiple choice items test plus mini-project or oral exam.
Dernière mise à jour : mercredi 30 septembre 2009